Saturday, August 13, 2016

Just Us Girls #356 - Trend Week

This time at Just Us Girls it's Trend Week.  Ina is our hostess and she has chosen the trend of Watercolor.  Here is how I was inspired.


I love the colors on this card!  This is the second attempt.  The first one I used light blue and it was too near the color of the flowers because they faded into the background.  The yellow and orange watercolor background really make the flowers pop.

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Colleen, have made this week.  I hope you will be inspired and play along.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our August challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of October.  Good luck!

The Recipe:
PTI Forget Me Not
Strathmore Water Color paper
Kuretake Watercolor
Pretty Pink Posh Lemon Meringue sequins
GKD White, Black Onyx card stock

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your background is pure perfection and really showcases those pretty flowers. Love the addition of the splatters and sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful background makes your flowers POP! So pretty with a splash of color like that! Love that PTI set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, the orange and yellow was the perfect water colors to use as background for those pretty flowers! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you tried another color and this one is really striking. Love the arrangement of the flowers and splatters on this card. Love the sentiment on that angle too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! The orange and yellow background is so perfect for those beautiful blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Sharyn, I think I will be CASing this card of yours!! I love that stamp set, those flowers are so pretty and your background is awesome! Well done my friend!! Have a fabulous week! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design of this card. Your colors are so pretty and I love the way you did the sentiment. Like Colleen, I may be CASing this one. Keep dry today, it is really coming down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background is terrific, Sharyn, and I love the forget-me-nots. It's such a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours Sharyn. Those sweet forget-me-nots really pop off the yellow and orange watercoloured background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that bright background sure makes those pretty flowers POP! Such a lovely card Sharyn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto to what others have said...this background looks super and love those flowers! That background is not a typical type of card for you.... but you did a incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Sharyn. Adore the purple and yellow. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right, those colors do pop...you have used the color wheel well. Orange and blue love each other, and I love this card. Super sweet flowers, and the watercolor background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.