Saturday, August 6, 2016

Just Us Girls #355 - Word Week

This time at Just Us Girls it's Word Week.  I am your hostess and I have chosen the word Water as our inspiration.  It has been so incredibly hot in the Midwest for the last couple of weeks.  Hope you all have fun playing in the water with this challenge.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I would like to welcome, Colleen Foelker, as our Guest Designer for the month of August. Welcome, Colleen!  Please visit her blog and leave some love.



Water, water everywhere!  The background is one I actually made for a Make It Monday at PTI but got extremely busy and never made the card.  I thought it would make a great water background.  The technique is called  Reverse Stenciling.  I picked a stencil from Jim Holtz called Flourish Layering Stencil.  I applied ink to the stencil with a brayer and misted it with water.  Then I placed my card stock on top of the stencil and pressed until the ink transferred.  I added some waves called "What the Doodle" and my sweet little boy paper doll all dressed up to play.  I sprayed shimmer spray on the water and waves for some sparkle.

Please visit the Just Us Girls blog to see the beautiful cards the rest of the team and our GD, Colleen, have made this week.  I hope you will be inspired and play along.

If you win Chic of the Week in any of our August challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of October.  Good luck!

The Recipe:
PTI Dress Up Doll Basics, Summer Fun, What the Doodle
MFT Radient Sun
Jim Holtz Flourish Layering Stencil
Tsukineko Shimmer Spray

16 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your background, that's fantastic! That sweet little boy and his snorkel, mask and floaty are super cute! I can only imagine this is what your grandsons look like at the beach. So CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharyn, this water is so cool and refreshing. We need that after this heat. I love that little guy with his goggles and swim ring. Cute card. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reverse stenciled background looks amazing! Love how you used the flourishes as waves, so cleaver! Fabulous card and great challenge theme, Sharyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute swimmer! I just love that mask :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharyn, this is just the cutest card ever...love all those wonderful waves and that little guy with the snorkel...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Man! This little guy looks like he is having great fun at a water park. Your background is perfect and the water swirls have great waves. Were you thinking of your grandsons when you made it? So stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharyn, this is just too cute. Love the cute little swimmer and your gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness this is one awesome card Sharyn. Totally cool! Love the layout and that boy is certainly lapping up the cool water. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ShaZAM that is one amazing background -- never heard of reverse stenciling, but will hop over to PTI and see if I can find it. I'll be sure to leave you some love for your fab work on your blog, too! I love that sweet boy standing "inside" the waves ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Sharyn. That little guy is so cute standing among those wonderful doodle waves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool card and great word for the challenge this week! Love the wave effect you created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Your card is adorable! I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just adorable, Sharyn. LOVE your cute little snorkler, and those waves are perfect with this. Great background too. LOVE this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great word challenge and awesome card. I love the reverse stencil design in your background. Really gives you the water effect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your watery background and waves! Sounds like cool technique to try. Great Word choice for our challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.